Program Site Leader
Part-Time, Tuesday through Saturday
We are seeking a part-time Program Site Leader for Paint Club, an afterschool program from Tuesday through Saturday where underserved students are empowered to paint the public spaces of their own school in warm, welcoming colors and to learn the marketable skill of commercial painting. Through small but tangible successes, Publicolor engages disaffected students in their schools and encourages them to invest in themselves. The candidate will join a team of site staff who are dedicated to making a difference in the lives of struggling youth.
Candidates must possess a college degree and be dynamic, enthusiastic, engaged, and genuinely excited about the prospect of engaging at-risk students in their education. Significant commercial painting experience is preferred for this position. Design education and experience a plus, as is fluency in Spanish and youth development experience with students ages 12-21. Candidates must be willing to travel to all boroughs and available Tuesday-Friday from 2-5:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 8-5 p.m.
Additionally, candidates should:
- Possess excellent organizational skills to direct and motivate large teams of people
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Take initiative and work as a team player
- Possess strong time management skills
- Teach, monitor, and reinforce commercial painting skills of the highest quality and ensure timely completion of projects
- Have the ability to learn and teach Publicolor’s Paint Club curriculum
- Possess superb people skills with a sense of humor, be a creative problem solver and have sound judgment and emotional maturity
- Be able to accurately document and submit all expense reports, work plans, student attendance and inventory requests on time
- Be willing to hold students, program staff and volunteers to a high standard of excellence and professionalism
- Report any concerns, issues, and changes in process to Paint Club Manager in a timely manner
- Enjoy working with people of diverse backgrounds
- Be patient and have experience working with teenagers who can be sullen or unmotivated at times
- Be willing to work hard and get dirty
Publicolor offers an hourly rate commensurate with education/experience and a monthly Metrocard.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resumes without a cover letter will not be reviewed.